Noun(1) the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose(2) a verbal or written request for assistance or employment or admission to a school(3) the work of applying something(4) a program that gives a computer instructions that provide the user with tools to accomplish a task(5) liquid preparation having a soothing or antiseptic or medicinal action when applied to the skin(6) a diligent effort(7) the action of putting something into operation
(1) Keep the application on the skin for the time recommended in the instructions and remove.(2) Now that I think about it, I realise I do subconsciously judge other women on make-up application .(3) application form(4) His application for assistance was rejected as immigration authorities were not satisfied he could not have claimed asylum where he entered the country.(5) The applicant filed an application for judicial review, but it was dismissed by consent.(6) If true, this is a good example of the functional application of legal rules as understood, by those who operate under them.(7) The York Hospitals Trust today announced it was launching a ten-week consultation process on its application to become a Foundation Trust.(8) I have enjoyed the effects of strong emotive colour and contrasts in paint application , visual and physical textures and the line.(9) The following month he made a formal application for asylum, giving an address in east London.(10) The application for an authorisation must come from a member of the chief officer's force.(11) Each model is an entity unto itself and designed for specific application and operational parameters.(12) For example, suppose a customer wants to lease a software application that's stored on the Internet.(13) Keep the application on the skin for the time recommended in the instructions and then wait for twenty four hours.(14) There is no want of effort and application but little thought is given to trying a spanner.(15) Anyone who reads this site on a passing basis will have had to come to terms with my, erm, creative application of the rules of spelling, punctuation and verb modification.(16) Since laws are of general application it is inevitable that the wording of statutes is not always precise.
(1) application form :: 신청서
(2) job application :: 구직 신청
(3) application software :: 응용 소프트웨어
(4) application fee :: 신청 수수료
(5) application letter :: 응용 프로그램 편지
(6) letter of application :: 응용 프로그램의 편지
(7) application process :: 신청 절차
(8) practical application :: 실용적인 응용 프로그램
(9) application layer :: 응용 프로그램 계층
(10) application program :: 응용 프로그램
1. request ::
3. relevance ::
4. putting on ::
5. ointment ::
6. program ::
7. practical application ::
실용적인 응용 프로그램
8. covering ::
9. application program ::
10. diligence ::
11. lotion ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Would you prefer
a simpler APPLICATION
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
someone submitted an APPLICATION
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
The APPLICATION in your hand.
Give it to her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
...and got an autographed APPLICATION
for a restraining order.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
Before an APPLICATION
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
English to Korean Dictionary: application
Meaning and definitions of application, translation in Korean
language for application with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of application in Korean and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'application'
What application means in Korean, application meaning
in Korean, application
definition, examples and pronunciation
of application in Korean language.