Noun(1) a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
Verb(1) postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled(2) make up for(3) declare null and void; make ineffective(4) remove or make invisible(5) make invalid for use
(1) Finally, the above classifications relate to promissory conditions but there may also be contingent conditions which either suspend or cancel contractual liability.(2) The union had authorised industrial action without a ballot and the plaintiff obtained an order that the union should withdraw and cancel any instruction, direction or decision to take strike action.(3) a cancel title page(4) The Department wishes to contact them in order to assess the possible effects on them of a decision to cancel your visa.(5) Monday's meeting was abandoned following an early morning track inspection and it was decided at 4 pm on Monday to cancel Tuesday's event.(6) It was then decided in 2001 to cancel these annual events completely.(7) Jefri would cancel the tender process if he found that companies were being manipulated by legislative council members.(8) a stamp franked and with an adhesive cancel(9) Mr Clarke said the G8 had shown clear commitment to tackle poverty with an agreement to cancel the debt of some of the world's poorest countries.(10) he was forced to cancel his visit(11) Some said the administration should intervene and cancel the event.(12) All political parties have decided to cancel all debate on the euro, but to proceed with the referendum.(13) It is understood the decision to cancel a key meeting planned for Monday was taken after detailed examination of the club's accounts.(14) the electric fields may cancel each other out(15) As of now, ABC has no plans to cancel the premiere of the show, which is set for September 21st.(16) As a codicil it does not annul the testament or cancel the promises.
(1) to cancel :: 취소
(2) cancel out :: 상쇄
(3) cancel reservation :: 예약을 취소
(4) cancel each other out :: 서로 상쇄
1. natural ::
2. call off ::
3. annul ::
4. neutralize ::
5. delete ::
6. scratch ::
7. offset ::
8. invalidate ::
9. strike down ::
1. continue ::
2. keep ::
cancel, canceled, canceler, cancelers, canceling, cancelling, cancels, precancel, precanceled, precanceling, precancels
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Give me the phone.
- I thought you wanted to CANCEL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
He's gonna make you CANCEL
your space flight.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
Cancel! They've changed their face masks.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
He begged the Fox network
not to CANCEL Firefly.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
- Thank you, but maybe I should CANCEL.
- It's too late to CANCEL, you're going.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
English to Korean Dictionary: cancel
Meaning and definitions of cancel, translation in Korean
language for cancel with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cancel in Korean and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'cancel'
What cancel means in Korean, cancel meaning
in Korean, cancel
definition, examples and pronunciation
of cancel in Korean language.